Friday, June 8, 2012

Sliced Baked Potatoes

So this looks really cool but let me tell you it is kind of a pain in the @$$!!
Here is the before shot:
And now for the after:
The original recipe came from seasaltwithfood so it was first of all a pain in the patootie to cut the potatoes thin enough and down enough to make them crispy and not cut all the way through. As you can see I was unsuccessful on a couple many occasions.  Also I did not put the butter on top but you can see I put it in the slits. 

Ingredients
6 Medium Size Potatoes
2 - 3 Cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
30 g Butter
Maldon Sea Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper

Method
Preheat the oven to 220˚C (425˚F). Put the potato on a chopping board, flat side down. Start from one end of the potato, cut almost all the way through, at about 3 to 4 mm intervals.

Arrange the potatoes in a baking tray and insert the garlic in between the slits. Scatter some butter on top of each potato. Then drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Bake the potatoes for about 40 minutes or until the potatoes turn crispy and the flesh is soft.

Overall these potatoes were tasty but not worth the extra work for me. If I want a baked potato I will scrub it, oil and salt it, and bake it, very simple.  If I want crispy potatoes I will cut them, toss them in oil and seasoning, and bake them, again simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment