Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Lost Sock Board

So my second Pinterest craft was this cute little board for the laundry room:


I was tired of Miss. E's socks without mates being left in various spots in the house (laundry basket, top of washer, top of her dresser, etc.) I thought this would be the perfect solution!

I got the initial instructions here. Since I have no clue what the DI is, I went to Hobby Lobby.

Supplies:
Wood Board (bought at Hobby Lobby for $5.99)
Paint -i had it but you can buy a small bottle of craft paint for $1 each
Glue Gun- had it w/ glue sticks
Clothes pins- had them (you can get them most anywhere)
Clear Finish spray- had it ($7.99)
Two eye hooks- had it
Ribbon- had it

Cost: $5.99
Total Time: 35 minutes

This project was broken into several steps over the course of two days

Phase 1: Painted board and clothes pins-these I took apart and put back together but I think they look pretty good I did two coats (5 minutes)

Phase 2: Lettering I used this tip which proved pretty useful, just make sure you press fairly hard so you can see your lines easily, also make sure you have a smaller brush to paint the fine lines. I also put the clothes pins back together at this point (15 minutes)

Phase 3: Glue the clothespins to the board (I placed mine first to make sure I liked the spacing) Once the glue was cooled I sprayed it with the finish spray. (make sure you follow the directions so it doesn't run or pool and dries well) (10 minutes)

Phase 4: Screw in the eye hooks, tie the ribbon and hang! (5 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment