Monday, January 16, 2012

Ribbon Board


So I got the basic directions from here.
Supplies:
Stapler (I couldn't find our staple gun at 9:30pm when I decided to start this beauty)
Cork Board (bought at Hobby Lobby for $5.40 w/ 40% off coupon)
1/2 yard of fabric (I bought some clearance fabric $1 for a yard)
1/2 yard of batting (bought the prepackaged stuff for $7.99 and used about 1/3 of it)
2 spools of ribbon (1.99 each)
thumb tacks (had them with our office supplies)

So basically when I go with per board cost I spent about $14. (really good when you consider that one this side would retail for around $40)
Total time @45 minutes this includes the time I spent searching for the staple gun and thumb tacks

I started the way the blog stated except because I didn't have my staple gun I stapled the batting first and then stapled the fabric.
The next step was way trickier, the ribbon is way more complicated than simply placing it parallell and then attaching to the back...I did this, as you can see my ribbon is not parallel. After undoing and redoing this step about 5 times I decided that once the pictures were on it you wouldn't be able to tell and I kept going. ***If I did this again I would mark at equal increments on the back so that everything was spaced uniformly.***

I tried putting in pictures without the thumb tacks and they all fell, and I pulled those ribbons tight! So I found our supply of thumb tacks and added those to hold the ribbon on tighter. Here it is hung in Miss E's room:

No comments:

Post a Comment